Becoming awesomer is my mission, my passion, my purpose in life. I enjoy being awesome, but contentment can very easily lead to contempt. I believe that everyone is awesome. Really, truly awesome. Over the years I’ve had to do a lot of work internally to be at peace with myself and my journey. Here are the things I’ve learned and my top tips to becoming awesomeR.
- Reconciling with the woman in the mirror. Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all? Over the years I’ve worked with countless women, one of the first things I ask is how is your relationship with yourself? What words would you use to describe you, naked…..? I hear words that I don’t even want to put out into the universe. I teach women to be their own best friends, their own biggest supporters, the friend that tells them to get their act together, at the appropriate time, not on the way out the door to work in the am. When you learn to speak well of yourself you are on the road to awesomer.
- Prioritizing good habits and routines. Oftentimes, our issues with fitness and nutrition aren’t rooted in fitness and nutrition. They often lie in our habits and routines. I don’t know how many times I’ve heard the excuse that a woman hasn’t any time to meal prep, exercise, or take care of themselves, all the while hearing about the latest episode of Housewives. Now, I’m not saying you can’t have any fun, or can never relax and enjoy a tv show. You know my butt is parked in front of Jane the Virgin, and Scandal every week. I’m just saying, there are many tweaks you can make to improve your awesomeness.
- Think for yourself. This one is hard. Especially around the health and wellness arena. One day you hear you should have 10 servings of grains a day, the next, grains are killing us and you shouldn’t even walk past them in the grocery store. Being awesomer is all about listening to your own bio individual preferences. Milk may do some bodies good, but there are just as many people who feel horrible when they drink it. At Becoming Awesomer, we work with each individual to tailor your health and wellness to you.
- Mom guilt – Let it Goooooooo. We are so good at mom guilt in America, we don’t even have to have kids to feel it. Depending on who you ask, you had kids too early, or waited too long, or chose not to have them at all???? Is that even allowed. If you do have kids, you’re raising them wrong. The most awesomer way to deal with this is to let it gooooo. Rest well know you are doing the best you can.
- Move in a way that makes YOU happy. I walk. Every day. Because I love it. Because it gives me time to think. Time to talk with friends. Time to listen to podcasts. Time to listen to music. Time to be outside. I do pushups because they make my arms, core, and back look great. I jump up and down because I’m super excited. That may not be considered exercise to some, but I get excited a lot, so I count it. Some people love Zumba, some people love swimming. Neither is my preference, but if it gets you moving, I’m all for whatever you want.
- Dress in a way that looks great on you. Over the years I’ve held several closet interventions. I may have been one of my own clients in this area…. Just sayin. I used to wear my ex-husbands hand me downs. He weighed 60 plus pounds more than me. We should not wear the same clothes. Is it any wonder I felt frumpy? Let’s talk about those skinny jeans that plump up your muffin top. You don’t love them, but the jean store girl said that’s what you needed. If you don’t love it. Leave it.
- Inside out work. This is two dimensional. What you put in is what makes you. Literally, you are what you eat. I have been tracking my own blood work for years now. When a new doctor suggests a medication I’ve been on before, I can show them the blood work that correlates to that medication. Thanks to the internet, I can order my own blood work now, which means, I know what my biohacking is doing, and can follow up with my doctor accordingly.
- Inside out work, part two. This is the woo woo part of becoming awesomer. Meditation. Being still. Working on your stuff. Journaling, therapy. That’s the path to awesomeness.
- Make a manifesto. I know. The crazies have kind of claimed the domain of manifestos. It’s time we take them back. Know what your core principles are and write them down. When a questions arises about what you should do about a circumstance and you are having difficulty deciding, check back in with your manifesto for direction.
- Connections. I saved the best for last. Connect with your people regularly. Don’t just check in. Sync up your hearts and souls and really connect with them. This is grade A awesomeness right here.
Those are ten of the ways I teach you to become awesomer. If these resonate with you please share them with a friend. If you haven’t done so already, come on over to Facebook and join our community. If you are interested in coaching, please sign up for a short call and we can discuss what options are available at this time. If you are interested in tracking your own blood work, I partner with WellnessFX. They have a variety of packages you can order to start. They also allow you to speak to a doctor concerning your results and to give you direction on next steps.
Until next time, be awesome!
My name is Annie, I am a Fitness and Nutrition Unstructor. I help women who have lived by the rules their whole lives, break those rules and take their turn in life.